There are a few different reasons why a WordRake license could fail to activate the product:
1. Proxy Servers - if your company uses a proxy server to filter communication over the internet, this can block the communication with our license server and prevent the license from activating. You might see the error code "Activation Failed" after putting in the license key. There are a couple of ways to get around this:
- Try putting the license key in away from the corporate network, such as on a home WiFi or other free WiFi (coffee shops is one good place to try) and see that it will activate. Of course, that only works if it's on a laptop computer.
- The corporate IT department can add our domains to the proxy server white list. Please contact WordRake Support for more information.
- If you're using a PC or still cannot get the license activated away from the corporate proxy server, please contact WordRake Support, and we'll help you get activated.
2. The license has already been used - If the license has previously been activated on one computer, it will not work again on any other computer. This may appear as "Signature Invalid" or "Multiple Trial Attempts - Reverting to Previous License." If you've received a new computer, replaced or installed a new hard drive, upgraded your version of Office or Windows then contact WordRake Support. and we'll update your license key so you can continue to use your WordRake subscription.